About Linda Goldstein
Linda Goldstein served more than fourteen years as an elected official in the City of Clayton and was elected as the city’s first woman mayor. She is known for her ability to build consensus in order to achieve bold and transformative community initiatives.
During her tenure as mayor, Linda helped Clayton achieve a AAA financial rating as well as national status as an environmental leader. She led Clayton and the St. Louis region as a champion of the smoking ban in public places, and she positioned Clayton for long-term success with the formation of a Downtown Master Plan and a comprehensive Strategic Plan.
In addition to her political service, Linda worked in the private sector as a senior level organizational leader; she has a more than twenty-year record of producing bottom line results and her commercial flooring company was a pioneer in carpet reclamation and sustainable flooring products. She was nationally recognized for best practices in the commercial construction industry.
Linda has served on a number of non-profit boards and is currently on the boards of The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis (Board President 1995-1998), Central Institute for the Deaf, and Shakespeare Festival St. Louis.
Awards include the St. Louis Business Journal’s 25 Most Influential Women in Business, Coro Leadership Center’s Outstanding Alumni Award, and Winning Women’s Public Service Award. She was named one of the Most Influential St. Louisans by the St. Louis Business Journal for six consecutive years, and was chosen by the Riverfront Times as “Best Mayor”. Linda was honored by the State of Missouri Park & Recreation Association as the Public Official of the Year and received the Distinguished Service Award from the Missouri Bicycle Federation.
Linda is a native of Chicago, Illinois. She earned a bachelor’s degree in public relations from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana and a master’s degree in counseling psychology from St. Louis University.
WHAT I DO:
- Strengthen communities, organizations, and businesses by strengthening their leadership
- Help clients achieve their mission and better serve their stakeholders
- Build strong, visionary leaders and teams that engage their stakeholders and successfully manage change
WHO I WORK WITH:
- Individual leaders; public, private, and non-profit boards; management teams; and organizations
- Organizations, governments, and individuals hire me because they’re going through change. I have the experience and expertise to assess their situation, develop the right plan, and implement that plan to achieve results.
WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT?
- Senior level business leadership experience; extensive non-profit board leadership experience; hands on leadership experience “getting things done” in local government
- Passionate about maximizing individual, team, and organizational potential and making strong leaders even stronger
- Customized programs that produce maximum results
PROFICIENCIES: Leadership Development; Team Building; Change Management; Organizational Planning; Strategic Communication; Community Outreach ; Stakeholder Engagement; Management Skill Training; Public-Private Partnership Creation; Public Speaking; Training, Coaching, Motivating; Consensus Building
Schedule a 30-Minute Consultation with Linda
Click HERE to set a time to speak to Linda for 30 minutes on the phone. This is perfect if you have questions about her services and would like to learn more about how Linda can help you and your business.