Linda Goldstein is an expert in innovative community engagement strategies, strategic communications and public policy. The first woman mayor of the City of Clayton, MO, Linda spent more than fourteen years in public service and is known for her ability to build consensus and a collective vision in order to achieve bold and transformative community initiatives. In the private sector, Linda has more than twenty years’ experience as a senior level organizational leader and small business owner, and has been nationally recognized for best practices in the commercial construction industry. Her business is DBE, WBE, and WOSB certified.
M.A. Counseling Psychology, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
B.S. Advertising & Public Relations, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
DBE/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
WBE/Women’s Business Enterprise
WOSB/Women-Owned Small Business
- Metro Theater: “Game Changer” Award
- St. Louis Business Journal: Most Influential St. Louisan
- MO Bicycle Federation: Distinguished Service Award
- MO Park & Recreation Association: Elected Official of the Year
- Winning Women: Public Service Award
- Riverfront Times: “Best Mayor”
- St. Louis Business Journal: Health Care Hero and Hero of the Planet
- Coro Leadership Center: Outstanding Alumni
- St. Louis Business Journal: 25 Most Influential Women in Business
COMMUNITY SERVICE & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- University of Missouri-St. Louis: Executive Fellow
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis
- The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis
- Central Institute for the Deaf
- US Green Building Council MO Gateway Chapter
- St. Louis County Municipal League
- St. Louis Forum
ELECTED OFFICIAL, CITY OF CLAYTON, MO. 1999-2013
- Elected by Clayton citizens to serve as their chief executive official; served two terms
- as Clayton’s first woman mayor.
- Led a six member elected Board of Aldermen to ensure an open, accessible, and fiscally
- responsible government, deliver quality public services, and maintain a vital, balanced,
- and sustainable community.
- Economic development activities resulted in more than 2,200 new jobs.
- Achieved AAA Standard & Poor's credit rating in 2009.
- Created the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council, a collaborative effort between the City and
- Clayton School District, designed to provide an opportunity for the youth of the City of
- Clayton to acquire a greater knowledge of and appreciation for the American political system through active participation.
- Led the public health effort to enact smoke-free air legislation in Clayton, resulting in the
- eventual success of similar ordinances in St. Louis City and County.
- Succeeded in gaining EPA Green Power Community status making Clayton the first city
- in Missouri and the thirty-seventh in the nation to achieve this honor.
CI SELECT FLOORING 1989-April 2012 (Formerly DuPont Flooring Systems and AnchorMann Enterprises)
Vice President/General Manager
- Responsible for financial performance, administration, sales, marketing, and operations for a commercial flooring, maintenance, and tile restoration business.
- Achieved consistently profitable results, often exceeding industry standards.
- Nationally recognized in the commercial flooring industry for best management practices.
- Pioneered carpet reclamation in the St. Louis market.
- Identified, researched, acquired, and successfully launched a new business division, resulting in significant incremental revenue. Helped transition the sale of our family-owned business to DuPont, a Fortune 100 company; integrated the St. Louis and Kansas City divisions of DuPont Flooring Systems into privately held Koch Industries; orchestrated the sale, acquisition, and merger of DuPont Flooring Systems-St. Louis from Koch Industries to a mid-sized St. Louis owned firm.